[rescue] Sun's new policy sucks...

Patrick Finnegan pat at computer-refuge.org
Thu Apr 7 15:44:40 CDT 2005

On Thursday 07 April 2005 13:54, Michael Vergallen wrote:
> > Debian (Sarge) runs beautifully on my E3000, U60, U30, U5s, Cycle
> > Quad, ....
>
> Yes however I find debian a bit cumbersome...If they only had a way
> to reduce all those dependecies that get rammed down your neck when
> installing a simple package...it would be nice...

What do you mean?  If it's installing dependencies, it's likely because
the package you're installing depends on libraries (or binaries or
something) from the other ones to be available....  I haven't seen a
whole lot of 'unreasonable' dependancies.  There's a few things that
depend on X that could have been compiled without support for it, but
I'm willing to be most people rather have the additional support
compiled in than not (and it's not as if you couldn't recompile the
package yourself to not require such things).

Pat