[rescue] Sun's new policy sucks...

Francois Dion francois.dion at gmail.com
Thu Apr 7 14:59:12 CDT 2005

On Apr 7, 2005 2:11 PM, Patrick Giagnocavo <patrick at mail.zill.net> wrote:
> On Thu, Apr 07, 2005 at 01:55:09PM -0400, William Enestvedt wrote:
> > > Zones are the killer app for me; maybe for your situation
> > > they are simply not useful.  SMF is not that bad.
> > >
> >    Can zones be used to relpace a chroot jail? Are they easier to deal
> > with?
>
> They are jails on steroids.  Big wins for my case:

Been running zones for 9+ months, never looked back.

Then there is dtrace. Wow. Learning curve is a little steep, but once
you get into it, there is nothing like it out there. No sysadmin, dba
or developer should be without dtrace.

Latest Sol 10 media came with both CD and DVD, for both sparc and x86
and if you jumpstart, you can install in no time flat, unless you do a
full install + all companion apps. Works great and is tons faster than
9 or any linux I have.

Francois