[rescue] Sun's new policy sucks...

Mike Hebel nimitz at nimitzbrood.com
Thu Apr 7 10:49:03 CDT 2005

Someone generated the quantum flux that came across as... Joshua Boyd
> On Thu, Apr 07, 2005 at 10:54:02AM -0400, Patrick Giagnocavo wrote:
>
>> HTTP is the new FTP, I guess.  Now they won't get support calls from
>> MCSE's and paper Cisco experts who have no idea was passive FTP is and
>> don't understand why their double-NATed setup doesn't work right.
>>
>> Also lets them take advantage of Comcast's web cache.
>
> Yeah, but what's so darn hard about offering the files via both http
> and ftp?

It's not about ease - it's about control.

I suspect McNealy let a $uit into that area somewhere and now it's all
about "Increasing our profit paradigm!"  But that may just be my tinfoil
talking.

Mike Hebel
----
"Sometimes the very young do not always do what they are told." - The Nox