[rescue] OT: Machine name, was: Ultra 2 upgrade question...

Mike Hebel nimitz at nimitzbrood.com
Wed Apr 6 22:14:29 CDT 2005

On Apr 6, 2005, at 7:48 PM, Dan Sikorski wrote:

> Andrew Weiss wrote:
>
>> It's MegaMAID sir...Shes gone from suck to blow!
>>
> The naming scheme that i use for the machines i own is mostly the
> names of vehicles in movies and TV.  Some are: Concordia (from Wing
> Commander), Skyfire (Transformers), Shadowfax (LotR), Apollo (Apollo
> 13), Herbie (Herbie the love bug), Kit (Knight Rider), Carpet
> (Alladin).  When i was in college, i used a pentium II PC for a file
> server, and called it Spaceball1.  I later upgraded it to dual
> processor, added a disk and memory, and change it's name to MegaMaid.
>
> "Metamorphasis completed sir, Spaceball1 has now become" <timpani>
> "MegaMaid!"

Mine are kind of random SciFi/Anime.  One used to be giverofhomes, a
laptop was R-Dorothy, the new file server is going to be Melfina.
Norman handles my mail.  I had an Orac many years ago.  Whatever the
whim strikes me when I choose a name. :-)

Mike
----
"The very young do not often do what they are told." - The Nox