[rescue] Itanium (v1 not 2) any use?

Tom 'spot' Callaway tcallawa at redhat.com
Wed Apr 6 12:41:52 CDT 2005

On Wed, 2005-04-06 at 00:18 -0400, Patrick Giagnocavo wrote:
> I came across a 4-way Itanium (not Itanium 2) system.
>
> What OSes will run on this?  Is the chip a real dog or is it OK once
> you stay all-64bit?

Red Hat Enterprise Linux 2.1 will run on the Itanium 1. None of the
other versions of RHEL will. AFAIK, all of the upstream support in 2.4
for Itanium 1 is gone (and 2.6 never supported it).

I used to have one of those beasts under my desk at work. :)

~spot
--
Tom "spot" Callaway: Red Hat Sales Engineer || GPG Fingerprint: 93054260
Lemurs, llamas, and sparcs, oh my!