[rescue] Sound recording

Joshua Boyd jdboyd at jdboyd.net
Tue Apr 5 15:23:03 CDT 2005

On Tue, Apr 05, 2005 at 03:53:44PM -0400, Francois Dion wrote:
> On Apr 5, 2005 1:12 PM, Atom <rescue at port11.net> wrote:
> > My roommate uses the griffin usb soundcard with my Technics 1210
> > turntable and Peak under OS X. Works like a charm.
> > There's also some nice software to do noise reduction.
> >
> > Of course that's all mac stuff here, not SGI.
>
> The Stanton table I mentioned has SPDIF. Some SGI like my Octane have
> SPDIF. Does audacity run on Irix? It would be simple to make a
> splitter for audacity.

Audacity used to build, but it didn't have support for SGI's audio
system.  Now Audacity supports port-audio which does work on Octanes,
but I don't know if it builds on Irix anymore.

I am now downloading the sgi freeware wxwidgets to try again.
Apparently audacity is picky about how the widgets are compiled though,
so I don't know how much hope I have.  I don't really intend to try and
compile them from source.

--
Joshua D. Boyd
jdboyd at jdboyd.net