[rescue] DC Voltage distro (Was:SGI Challenge L... )

Wes Will wwill at siu.edu
Mon Sep 20 15:59:53 CDT 2004

> I looked it up a while ago, given 2 or 3 of them, you can run a modern
> notebook computer. That is totally cool.

Amateur radio field day.  Entire "packet radio" (networked computers using
ham radios, internet connectivity (SLOW! text only!) and all),
transceivers, laptops, packet modems/TNC's, everything including the
lighting in the hut, all solar powered. We use some big 12V gel cells

You get extra points for using power from other than the grid.

--
www (CQ CQ CQ DE N9KDY)