[rescue] Building Sendmail 8.13.1

Jonathan C. Patschke jp at celestrion.net
Fri Sep 17 11:48:17 CDT 2004

On Fri, 17 Sep 2004, Sheldon T. Hall wrote:

> Has anyone either built the latest sendmail on IRIX 6.5.x,

Yeah.  The last time I tried (either 8.9.x or 8.11.x), I gave up and
switched to Postfix, as the sendmail build system is broken on IRIX with
gcc.  Never mind that gcc on IRIX has its own set of problems (that they
-just now- finally got around to fixing, 7 years after they were originally
reported).

> or know where a sendmail 8.13.1 package can be obtained?

Is there one on freeware.sgi.com?

> In the "building" case, any problems?  Caveats?

I couldn't get the last version I tried to build at all, and the build
system was sufficiently obtuse that I decided to ditch the whole
package.  I've never looked back; Postfix is Good Stuff.

--
Jonathan Patschke )
Elgin, TX        (  "Ma'am, I can do anything.  I own a game store."