[rescue] Please, educate me about Cisco Switches and their Model numbers

Ryan Loiselle sun-rescue at azonicnet.com
Tue Sep 14 17:00:19 CDT 2004

Hello,

I would recommend the Cisco Catalyst 3500 Series of switches, they are
available in 12, 24, 48 port configurations, with the majority of the
ports being 10/100Mbps. There will be 2 100/1000Mbps ports on each model,
you can purchase them in a fixed TPE config or with modules that will
accept a Gbps fiber card or a Gbps TPE card. (Or if you want to be fancy a
3550-12t with 12x 1 Gbps ports)

The beauty of this device is that it does both layer 2 & 3 switching at
wire speed...  so you can assing ports as switch ports as a router
interface if you wish to do so..

Any more questions just ask... cisco at azonicnet.com

Ryan Loiselle
CCNA, CCNP