[rescue] Tool kits?

William Enestvedt William.Enestvedt at jwu.edu
Mon Sep 13 15:21:28 CDT 2004

Shel wrote:

> > At home, my daughter's cheap steel bike has, I think, both standard
> > and metric nuts. God help me.
>
> So do many "American" cars.
> Don't get me started on bicycle hardware ...

   There's only four nuts on the whole bike, and only two match. Those
Chinese will never catch us! Hahahahaha!
   Oh, wait...I bought a cheap Chinese bike and not an American one:
damn, they already did!
-wde
P.S. If you like standardization, assemble one of those giant backyard
swingsets. I ordered mine and figured I could put it together myself and
save $300 at the same time. Well, there was a shrink-wrapped package of
steel bits as big as a watermelon after the (laughing) delivery guys
left -- but when I was done, 14 hours later [the whole weekend, to tell
the truth] I'd only used one socket.
--
Will Enestvedt
UNIX System Administrator