[rescue] Sun 20D10 monitor adjustments

Sheldon T. Hall shel at cmhcsys.com
Sun Oct 31 15:34:10 CST 2004

Phil Stracchino said ...
> On Sun, Oct 31, 2004 at 09:47:25AM -0800, Sheldon T. Hall wrote:
> >
> > I can't help you on the hold potentiometer issue, but I extend my
> > condolences.  Getting rid of a dead monitor is a real PITA.
> > Around here,
> > they are "hazardous waste," which is OK, but there's no
> > place in the county
> > that will take 'em, which ain't.
>
> I wonder how many old dead monitors got turned in during
> Office Depot's computer recycling experiment?

Heh.  Bunches, I'd expect.

Here, people used to give 'em to a charity auction, but the charities got
tired of getting stuck with dead monitors and TVs, so now they have a fee
for any CRT devices, as well as some other items.

We're surrounded by water, so what I wonder is ... do any of the local boat
owners have any dead monitors or TVs?

-Shel