[rescue] The IRIX dhcp server

Sheldon T. Hall shel at cmhcsys.com
Wed Oct 27 21:34:20 CDT 2004

Can anyone give me some advice on the IRIX "proclaim server," a/k/a/
/usr/etc/dhcp-bootp?

I'm trying to set it up to serve addresses to Windows machines on my LAN,
and I'm damned if I can make it work.  No error messages, no obvious
indications of a problem, but it doesn't answer broadcast appeals from
clients, either.

I've been through the GUI configurator, read the man pages, etc.

proclaim-server is chkconfig'd on
the correct entry in /etc/inetd.conf is uncommented
both entries for bootp are uncommented in /etc/services
I've tried it with and without the "-t0" option in
/etc/config/dhcp_bootp.options

It don't do nuttin', honey.

I've missed something, I'm sure, and would love a clue.

Thanks.

-Shel
--
Sheldon T. Hall