[rescue] Interest in a repository for old documents and brochures

Jonathan C. Patschke jp at celestrion.net
Thu Oct 21 16:33:27 CDT 2004

On Thu, 21 Oct 2004, Francisco Javier Mesa-Martinez wrote:

> In any case, I may be able to set up a small site with scans of these things.
> Unless someone already has a similar project and I don't think that
> duplication of efforts would be a good thing...

I'm working on such a thing.  I don't have the software ready yet,
though.  If you could concentrate on scans, I might have something
Really Nice available by the end of the year.

> 1) Is there any sort of interest in this project

Oh yeah.

> 2) what is the best approach for scanning these pamflets, brochures, tech
> reports, etc.

That's the part that has me stumped.

> 3) any sort of software out there to automatize the archival and
> presentation/serving process?

I working on that. :)

--
Jonathan Patschke ) "I've built my whole system with [-fomit-frame-pointer]
Elgin, TX        (   cause it was recomended...as I don't care if a program