[rescue] Mitsubishi MF356F-258MD

Phil Stracchino alaric at caerllewys.net
Sat Oct 16 18:07:02 CDT 2004

On Sun, Oct 17, 2004 at 12:57:55AM +0200, Geoffrey S. Mendelson wrote:
> If you are putting it into a PC or it's children and have a twist in the
> floppy cable, it should set to DS1. Putting it in the twisted end will
> make it drive A, in the straight connector (usually in the middle),
> it will be drive B.

OK, so it's jumpered correctly then.

And we just solved the problem ............   the damn floppy cable is
*keyed backwards*.  Connector's on the cable the wrong way round.  Flip
that end of the cable over, and it Just Works.

> Also a stupid question enters my mind :-) Where are you going to get a 2.8mb
> floppy disk. I've seen maybe one or two in my entire life.

Well, it's just that the spare floppy drive I have on hand happens to be
a 2.88M drive, not that I actually need 2.88M support.  :)

--
  ========== Fight Back!  It may not be just YOUR life at risk. ==========
  alaric at caerllewys.net : phil-stracchino at earthlink.net : phil at novylen.net