[rescue] Dec PCI cards

Phil Stracchino alaric at caerllewys.net
Thu Oct 14 13:43:34 CDT 2004

On Thu, Oct 14, 2004 at 01:20:53PM -0400, Charles Shannon Hendrix wrote:
> Tue, 12 Oct 2004 @ 00:25 -0500, Jonathan C. Patschke said:
> > On Tue, 12 Oct 2004, Phil Stracchino wrote:
> > >They're full-length 32-bit PCI cards, with Lattice chips on them, a red
> > >AMP connector at the inner end that looks to be 30 pins or so (I didn't
> > >count), and an external connector that looks exactly like a 68-pin SCSI
> > >high-density connector except that, if I counted correctly, it has an
> > >even hundred pins.
> >
> > Those sound like old Myrinet cards.
>
> I worked at the company those machines came from when they were in use
> (helped move one of them into place), and I don't remember them having
> Myrinet.

Any speculations then?  It may be the dual-SCSI theory is correct.  I
haven't gotten aroudn to pulling the cards to try to trace part numbers.

--
  ========== Fight Back!  It may not be just YOUR life at risk. ==========
  alaric at caerllewys.net : phil-stracchino at earthlink.net : phil at novylen.net