[rescue] Adding memory to an Octane

Joshua Boyd jdboyd at jdboyd.net
Fri Oct 8 20:08:01 CDT 2004

On Fri, Oct 08, 2004 at 09:02:22PM -0400, Francois Dion wrote:
> If I add some memory sticks to an Octane, shouldn't they show up on
> hinv, or do I have to do something special?

When I upgraded mine it showed right up in the hinv.  Did you buy 256meg
sticks?  My understanding is that 256 sticks are tricky.  Some only work
on 0887 motherboards, and others only work in 1467 motherboards.
Anything bigger than 256 is 1467 only.  I don't know about sticks
smaller than 256 though.

> Now that I have fixed my Challenge L, I'll be using the Octane a bit
> more to interact with it, and I need more ram.

How many and what processors?  Whatcha gonna do with it?

--
Joshua D. Boyd
jdboyd at jdboyd.net
http://www.jdboyd.net/