[rescue] Wanted: PDP-8 (and PDP-8 questions)

Wai-Sun Chia waisun.chia at hp.com
Mon Oct 4 22:13:53 CDT 2004

A complete and working PDP-8/E or 8/M nowadays is big-bucks. A couple
has surfaced in eBay that has gone for > $1500!! And that is just the
system itself; no peripherals!

Pre-OMNIBUS 8/I or 8/L is even scarcer, I know of a private transaction
that fetched ~ $6000 (!!!), included only a TU56 DECtape..

If you have the patience, get bits and pieces of it one at a time (which
is what I'm doing). Gives you lots of time to research of how a piece
joins with the rest, kind of like a huge jigsaw puzzle..it can be quite
fun too without breaking the bank. :-)

Curtis H. Wilbar Jr. wrote:
> a PDP-8 is what got me interested in computers (in 1981/82 timeframe)
> (a PDP-8I to be specific).... and I've decided I'd like to have one
> for my computer collection.

/wai-sun