[rescue] Fibre Channel JBOD Recommendations?

velociraptor velociraptor at gmail.com
Mon Oct 4 08:56:02 CDT 2004

On Fri, 01 Oct 2004 22:06:39 -0400, Thomas Gallaway <rescue at port11.net> wrote:
> Michael Dombrowski wrote:
>
> >Anyone care to recommend a cheap fibre channel JBOD?
> >I'm looking for something smallish, either 6u or
> >smaller. Doesn't have to be rackmount either. But most
> >important is that it takes fiber channel disks in
> >addition to the FC interface.
> >

> You can get older NetApp shelves. I have a F8 at the office right now
> that holds 4 36gb and 1 9gb drive that I might be willing to part with.
> It is really really heavy too and has an entire set of spare parts
> (spare PSU, spare FC/AL interface and spare Fan).
>
> They work really good.

Corpsys on E-Bay sells these trays.  You can get a tray full
of 18GB'ers for $300-400.  I believe they may be the OEM for
these trays, but am not sure. 7x73GB + FC PCI card runs
around $1K.  They are good folks to work with--if you can go
to the warehouse in Santa Clara, skip ebay and just call them
direct.

=Nadine=