[rescue] SGI Challenge L systems available in Denver

Charles Shannon Hendrix shannon at widomaker.com
Sat Oct 2 23:34:05 CDT 2004

Sat, 02 Oct 2004 @ 19:45 -0400, Carl R. Friend said:

>    On Sat, 2 Oct 2004, Charles Shannon Hendrix wrote:
>
> > I was reading the other day how Bill Ford (CEO of Ford now) took his
> > office window out one day on a whim, but didn't realize there was
> > negative pressure outside his office.  Evidently it sucked a lot of
> > stuff out of his office.
>
>    I smell "urban legend" in the making.

Not that I've been able to find.

>    One, if his office was in a "modern" building he would not have
>    been able to remove the window with much less than a *large*
>    sledge-hammer

I believe the Ford executive office is still at The Rouge, and I seem to
recall it still has Edsel Ford's desk in it.  It overlooks part of the
factory.  I imagine it isn't new.

Even if a building has positive pressure, that doesn't mean that some
areas won't have negative pressure.  I've been in a few that had errors
in design, and even equipment failure can change things.

In any case, the story is supposedly one that Bill tells in response to
people labeling him a weakling and a dummy.

--
shannon "AT" widomaker.com -- [4649 5920 4320 204e 4452 5420 5348 5920 4820
2056 2054 434d 2048 4d54 2045 204e 5259 4820 444e 0a53]