[rescue] Fibre Channel JBOD Recommendations?

Patrick Giagnocavo patrick at mail.zill.net
Fri Oct 1 21:05:50 CDT 2004

On Fri, Oct 01, 2004 at 07:00:21PM -0700, Michael Dombrowski wrote:
> Anyone care to recommend a cheap fibre channel JBOD?
> I'm looking for something smallish, either 6u or
> smaller. Doesn't have to be rackmount either. But most
> important is that it takes fiber channel disks in
> addition to the FC interface.

I have seen some A5000 or A5200's go for cheap.  They take 14 disks
and have two separate loops (channels if we want to use a SCSI term
for familiarity).

There is on on ePay buy it now $1,000 incl. 14x36GB drives.  however
ISTR another list member having bought just the JBOD, no drives, for
under $200.

--Patrick