[rescue] Switch Recommendations

Zach Lowry zach at zachlowry.net
Sun Nov 28 11:30:35 CST 2004

Patrick Finnegan wrote:

>On Sunday 28 November 2004 09:54, Zach Lowry wrote:
>

>>Hey everyone!
>>
>>This isn't necessarially rescue-related, but it might be. This is the
>>best place I know of to ask knowledgeable folks about IT things.
>>What's a good 24-port 1U Rack-mount Gigabit switch? Cisco 2950s go
>>for about $500 on eBay, and that's a little pricey for me. Anything
>>

>Umm, a C2950 only does 10/100 (except on uplinks of some models that do
>GbE).  I'd love to get *any* (working) managable GbE 24port switch for
>that price.
>
>Pat

Yes, you're right. I must have read wrong. So, it looks like I could
probably get a non-mamaged switch for this price. Bill recommended Netgear?

Zach Lowry                                                 http://www.netbsd.org
MTSU, Murfreesboro, TN                              Owner of 20 NetBSD Platforms
zach at zachlowry.net