[rescue] Looking for IRIX and advice

Rox rox at sunmuseum.org
Mon Nov 22 16:31:11 CST 2004

On 22 Nov 2004 at 9:37, Dan Duncan wrote:

> > It's where the wiring goes from the fusebox, through all the sockets
> > (or lightswitches, etc) and returns to the fusebox. I'm not quite sure
> > of the reasoning.

It's generally only used for feeding outlets; lighting circuits are
radial. The primary reason is to allow the use of cable with a smaller
cross sectional area. As there are two conductors to each outlet, the
current is divided between them, so smaller, cheaper cables can be used
than with a radial circuit. The distribution circuit is fused
appropriately, and fuses in the appliance plugs protect the final
circuit. HTH

--
  Regards
  -/ Rox /-    <sunmuseum.org>