[geeks] Re: [rescue] An interesting problem

Barry Keeney barryk at chaoscon.com
Thu Nov 18 18:38:37 CST 2004

On Wed, 17 Nov 2004, Micah R Ledbetter wrote:

> On Wed, 17 Nov 2004 23:10:53 -0500
> Phil Stracchino <alaric at caerllewys.net> wrote:
>
> >The good news: I can upgrade to Summit Platinum DX, which will let me
> >unmap or remap anything I want, fully support the hardware OpenGL on my
> >Matrox G450, and support the G450's dual-head capability, for $45.
> >(Which is a 50% discount.)
>
> I've always wondered about those for-pay X servers. Why do you use
> yours? Would you recommend it to others?

  I've used them before. At the time it was the only way to get
X to work on the computer. (bleeding edge laptop)

  I'd use them again if I couldn't find another server that worked
or if they worked better then the public drivers for whatever
software I was using.

Barry Keeney
Chaos Consulting
email barryk<at>chaoscon.com

"Rap is Square Dancing gone terribly, terribly Wrong...."