[rescue] Cups on Solaris

Monty Walls mwalls at castor.oktax.state.ok.us
Mon Nov 8 16:31:28 CST 2004

On Mon, 8 Nov 2004 16:21:29 -0500
Joshua Boyd wrote:

> On Mon, Nov 08, 2004 at 02:38:17PM -0600, Monty Walls wrote:
>
> > Like Geoffrey, I downloaded and built mine from scratch.  I'm
> > currently using cups under Solaris 8 on a netra T1 as the main print
> > server for all my sun boxen at the office (e5500, e5000, 6 Netra's,
> > u5, 480r, 280r, plus more to come :) driving about 44 printers.
>
> Woah that a lot of printers.  What do you do with so many?

Oklahoma Tax Commission (ie., my employer) has been building a
replacement tax system (ie., replacing an S390 mainframe IMS system).
So I have to support a lot of printers driven from Oracle Financials
(grrrr....).

So far the only exotic feature I've had to support is font downloading
of MICR fonts for check printing.  Quick hack of the cups ps filter
and off it went (I won't let them print that to a PCL printer).

--
- "Not long ago, the Black Gate of Armonk swung open. The lights went out,
- my skin crawled, and dogs began to howl. I asked my neighbor what it was