[rescue] sparcstation IPC and sparcstation 1+

Dan Duncan dand at pcisys.net
Sat Nov 6 00:28:06 CST 2004

On Fri, 5 Nov 2004, Joshua Boyd wrote:
> And I really want to run NTP at home, but I keep having trouble with
> it.

Speaking of NTP...

I have an old Trimble GPS that is just a metal box with a serial
port, power jack, and antenna jack.  It used to belong in fleet
vehicles and the only software I have for it is DOS-based, but
I know it works.

It uses the TAIP protocol, which IS supported under ntpd, so...

Has anyone set up an NTP server using a GPS input signal?  How
difficult is it?

Thanks for any info.

-DanD

# Welcome to Chinese Restaurant.  please try your Nice Chinese Food With
# Chopsticks the traditional and typical of Chinese glonous history
# and cultual.  BAMBOO CHOPSTLCKS PRODUCT OF CHINA