[rescue] Re: scrap sparcbook

Joshua Boyd jdboyd at jdboyd.net
Fri Nov 5 09:43:46 CST 2004

On Fri, Nov 05, 2004 at 09:48:38AM -0600, Mike Parson wrote:

> > Does anyone actually make NuBus USB cards?
>
> Hrm, some quick googling turns up a lot of negatives.
>
> You're telling me that the Amiga nuts are further along on this than the
> Mac people?  I guess when you can still buy a newer Mac, it kinda makes
> people less likely to drop money on that sort of upgrade.

It is also possible that it is easier to make those amiga upgrades than
it would be to make NuBus cards.  I hardly know anything about either.
Frankly, I know only a tiny bit about VME, and a significant bit more
about PCI, but still without any experience actually making cards for it
since that's probably a bit too much of an advanced PCB layout job for
me.

Joshua D. Boyd                 jdboyd at jdboyd.net
http://www.jdboyd.net/	       http://www.joshuaboyd.org/