[rescue] Re: W: solaris for sparcbook 1

Charles Shannon Hendrix shannon at widomaker.com
Thu Nov 4 15:12:54 CST 2004

Wed, 03 Nov 2004 @ 09:17 -0700, Dan Duncan said:

> On Tue, 2 Nov 2004, Jones, Andrew I wrote:
> > Also, talking to a Tadpole sales guy, they said they just had rooms
> > and rooms full of traded-in 32-bit SparcBooks, but they didn't dare
> > sell them on ebay because ISO 9000 certification or something
> > requires them to offer support on all their products. :(

Um... how can ISO 9000 cause this?

ISO 9000--besides being a bureacrats wet dream--is supposed to be about
control and audit of your processes, and I can't understand how it would
require you to offer support.

--
shannon "AT" widomaker.com -- ["The trade of governing has always been
monopolized by the most ignorant and the most rascally individuals of