[rescue] Re: W: solaris for sparcbook 1

velociraptor velociraptor at gmail.com
Thu Nov 4 09:02:20 CST 2004

On Wed, 3 Nov 2004 14:05:20 -0500, William Enestvedt
<william.enestvedt at jwu.edu> wrote:
> Geoff wrote:
> >
> > Actually I was being a bit tounge in cheek. The batteries will often
> > recover with a 14-24 charge. If not, they can be rebuilt.
> >
>    It's the "if not" that seems to have settled over me (or, rather, an
> old laptop) like a shroud. :7)

Most of them have some type of standard cells inside.  See if you
can track down another dead one and crack it open.  Anyone with
a little soldering iron skill can usually build a better battery these
days if it's NMiH, though it might be ugly afterwards.

You might try some of the tricks to revive it, too.  Like the freezer
trick, or the trickle drain trick.

(Lithium Ion is another story.)

=Nadine=