[rescue] For Free: Challenge XL chassis (Southeastern Va)

Peter Corlett abuse at cabal.org.uk
Wed Nov 3 05:40:44 CST 2004

Sheldon T. Hall <shel at cmhcsys.com> wrote:
[...]
> Once, just once, in my life I'd like to have a house with an
> adequate electrical system.

I get electricity included in my rent, which is nice. My rack of
servers is currently drawing about 1.1A currently (groan) with a
suspiciously low power factor of 0.65. What's that, 260W and 440VA?

The power distribution in my village is a bit ropey, but I bought a
UPS which mitigates the effects a bit. It's a 750VA unit but it still
starts complaining about a low battery after only a few minutes.
Perhaps the power factor's making it unhappy.

--
PGP key ID E85DC776 - finger abuse at mooli.org.uk for full key

Please contribute to the beer fund and a tidier house:
http://cgi6.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewSellersOtherItems&userid=pndc