[rescue] For Free: Challenge XL chassis (Southeastern Va)

Joshua Boyd jdboyd at jdboyd.net
Tue Nov 2 08:51:50 CST 2004

On Mon, Nov 01, 2004 at 11:32:16PM -0500, Ethan O'Toole wrote:

> Have a 2nd one in mint condition with 2gb of RAM I'm selling for $550,
> pics are here:
>
> http://users.757.org/~ethan/pics/2-ebay/selling/xl2/
>
> 6 R10k 195mhz 2mb cache procs, lots of IO, fast ethernet, etc.

Believe me, if I had a place to run such a machine, I'd be all over it,
price of electricity and cooling be darned.

At this point in my life though, it doesn't make sense to buy it, only
to stick it in storage for who knows how long.

I keep praying that these sorts of machines will still be available in
another year or two when I plan to have a house instead of an apartment.