[rescue] For Free: Challenge XL chassis (Southeastern Va)

Patrick Finnegan pat at computer-refuge.org
Mon Nov 1 23:10:46 CST 2004

On Monday 01 November 2004 23:32, Ethan O'Toole wrote:
> So I put this thing on eBay hoping it will make a geek happy, and
> offer a little dough to pay bills.
>
> Alas the guy buys it, and only wants the cards and drives. I said no
> to the power supplies, blowers and such, knowing that I can give away
> a working chassis.
>
> So if anyone wants a SGI Challenge XL chassis, one is waiting in
> Virginia Beach. Add cards and run up to 36 processors. Same cards are
> Challenge L and Onyx(Not the video boards from Onyx).
>
> Bottom door is broken at hinges but hangs on by means of the mag
> strip.
>
> LCD has issues, no idea what happened. Pics are here:
>

> http://users.757.org/~ethan/pics/2-ebay/selling/xl1/

And, if anyone wants to pick this up, I should have some quad R4400
boards, and possibly memory and I/O boards, which will be going
surplus.  May not be for a few weeks though.

Pat
--
Purdue University ITAP/RCS        ---  http://www.itap.purdue.edu/rcs/
The Computer Refuge               ---  http://computer-refuge.org