[rescue] The IRIX dhcp server

Jochen Kunz jkunz at unixag-kl.fh-kl.de
Mon Nov 1 14:00:20 CST 2004

On Mon, 1 Nov 2004 08:43:48 -0800
"Sheldon T. Hall" <shel at cmhcsys.com> wrote:

> > The IRIX proclaim server is a POS.
>
> So it would seem.
>
> But what do big SGI shops do?  I assume Proclaim Server works OK as a
> DHCP server for IRIX clients, but surely even the most SGI-centric of
> sites have some non-SGI boxes.  Do they have to run a non-SGI machine
> just to handle DHCP requests from the salesmen's laptops?
It may be fine for basic DHCP service for IRIX or even WinDOS, but it
misses certain features / configuration options I need in a heterogenous
environement. (E.g. I foud no way to configure _per_host_ boot file and
root directory) I also encountered interoperability issues with
HP9000/700 firmware.
--

tsch|_,
       Jochen