[rescue] RE: Services For Unix (was: FrameMaker FYI)

Lionel Peterson lionel4287 at verizon.net
Mon Mar 29 12:58:24 CST 2004

> From: Mike Parson <mparson at bl.org>
> Date: 2004/03/29 Mon PM 06:13:38 GMT
> To: rescue at sunhelp.org
> Subject: Re: [rescue] RE: Services For Unix (was: FrameMaker FYI)
>
> On Mon, Mar 29, 2004 at 01:09:38PM -0500, Phil Stracchino wrote:
> > On Mon, Mar 29, 2004 at 05:05:33PM +0000, Peter Corlett wrote:
> > > I didn't subscribe to the "new" TPJ, because I couldn't find
> > > any information on the format of it, and electronic magazines
> > > don't lend themselves well to being read on the loo. That's
> > > where most of my reading occurs.
> >
> > What, you don't have a terminal in the bathroom?  Or 802.11?
>
> iloo?

Printer?

Seriously, scan it on line, print out the couple articles you like and be done with it...

Heck, you could even put a low-cost printer *in* the bathroom, and queue print jobs for reading material the LPQ (Lavatory Print Queue ;^)

Of course, humidity may interfere with ink jet & laser toner, so you may want to go dot matrix, but since you won't be int he room when it prints, who cares about the noise?! Heck, could be a way to drive out "squatters" - folks in the loo too long)...

It is amazing the problems modern tools can solve...