[rescue] RE: Services For Unix (was: FrameMaker FYI)

William Enestvedt William.Enestvedt at jwu.edu
Mon Mar 29 08:02:45 CST 2004

Samuel Kopel asked:

> I have been thinking of subscribing to Sysadmin. Is it a good
> magazine?

   Well, I like to support the industry, you know? I think there was a
Perl magazine that died 'cause no one subscribed, and that strikes me as
a shame.
   I, uh, I read SysAdmin for the articles, actually. :7) Now, I don't
sit down every month and key in all the sample code from the articles,
but I like to see what other people are doing. Also, even when I don't
use, say, Python on my systems, sometimes I get inspired to add a
feature to one of my own scripts.
   Is it worth $39? I dunno: I have my employer pay. (Woo-hoo!) If you
want to see what a given issue is like, print out some of the articles
from their web site and paste them into a copy of E-Week: while the ad
density is lower in a real issue of SysAdmin, you'll end up with a
pretty close analog.
-wde
--
Will Enestvedt