[rescue] FrameMaker FYI

Lionel Peterson lionel4287 at verizon.net
Sat Mar 27 20:33:43 CST 2004

On Sat, 2004-03-27 at 03:00, Janet L. Campbell wrote:

> It's always nice to see another 'framer.  Call me a masochist, but I still
> prefer ISPF/PDF to just about any other editor on the planet.

You're a masochist. ;^)

vi is austere enough for me, thank you very much. But then again,
ISPF/PDF wasn't *bad*, and I had fun coding COBOL - some of which looked
like this:

compute
		sub-total
	+	shipping
	+	taxes
	=	order-total

(I think a character in the 7th position indicated a comment, it's been
a long time since I coded COBOL, but I think this is how I did it)

There are a few "old-timers" around - some even have *real* mainframes
at home...