[rescue] FrameMaker FYI

Lionel Peterson lionel4287 at verizon.net
Fri Mar 26 09:55:10 CST 2004

> From: Kevin <kevin at mpcf.com>
> Date: 2004/03/26 Fri PM 03:02:36 GMT
> To: The Rescue List <rescue at sunhelp.org>
> Subject: Re: [rescue] FrameMaker FYI
>
> This is true, and i have considered this before.  But why then
> are accounting systems some of the worst pieces of software known
> to man?  It's my job to pick and choose them here and from my
> experience they pretty much all suck.  It doesn't make sense to
> me when you consider that they have had more time to get it right
> than many other industries.

Accounting packages are nothing more than the retainer for securing the consultant(s) that will give you the package you want. I've never seen an accounting package that was useful "out of the box" for any organization with an existing accounting function...

On a related note: I think accountants developed the reputation for being PC-aware back in the early 80's when they were out snapping up Apple ]['s, TRS-80s, and early IBM PCs to run VisiCalc & Lotus on. Out of mere survival instinct they *had* to learn about computers, and that tradition/reputation remains...

Just a thought...