[rescue] FrameMaker FYI

Dave McGuire mcguire at neurotica.com
Thu Mar 25 22:04:01 CST 2004

On Mar 25, 2004, at 10:40 PM, Joshua Boyd wrote:

>>> It wasn't that long ago that we were able to say "you can't get a
>>> virus just by reading an email".  Ah, youth.
>>
>>   No...Ah, taste in platforms.  *I* don't get viruses by reading
>> email.
>
> I think it is more taste in email programs than it is platforms.

   Yes and no.  The basic *design* of Windows is fraught with flaws and
security issues.  Is it even possible to write a secure piece of
software for that platform?

>   Of course, certain platforms encourage certain email program
> choices.  Like
> OS X -> Mail.app, Windows -> Outlook, etc.

   Well thats true, but on the other hand, marketing departments all
over the world "encourage" us to give them our money...but that doesn't
mean we have to do it.  If someone won't learn enough about computers
to download and install a mail client, they should't be using
computers.

          -Dave