[rescue] FrameMaker FYI

Charles Shannon Hendrix shannon at widomaker.com
Thu Mar 25 21:19:58 CST 2004

Thu, 25 Mar 2004 @ 20:43 -0500, Dave McGuire said:

>   I am reminded of the famous story of Edison working on his light
> bulbs.  He walked up to his young college-boy assistant, handed him a
> freshly-blown glass bulb, and asked him to get the volume of the bulb.
> The kid sat there ALL AFTERNOON executing complex calculations of the
> sphere, the taper toward the stem, the stem itself...generating pages
> of calculations.  At the end of the day, Edison grabbed the bulb from
> him in frustration, filled it with water, dumped the water into a
> graduated cylinder, and voila...there's the volume, in ten seconds
> flat.

That just shows how dumb Edison was.

Dip the bulb in the graduated cylinder and measure the change in
just three seconds.

The glass is too thin to worry about the error...

:)

--
shannon "AT" widomaker.com -- ["Trouble rather the tiger in his lair than
the sage amongst his books For to you kingdoms and their armies are mighty