[rescue] FrameMaker FYI

Kevin kevin at mpcf.com
Thu Mar 25 15:33:06 CST 2004

I didn't realize it at first, but halfway through the drive back
home i realized that i was actually f**king elated.

At one point at that job, i was receiving training in the
shipping dept (computer issues in that area.)  I was standing
there listening to the guy who was familiarizing me with their IT
procedures and so forth, when in walks the company president.
The guy training me quickly tells me to stand off behind several
large filing cabinets and to try and not be seen by the
president.

Later i was told that the president/owner didn't like to see
people in the shipping dept (supposedly a high security dept)
that he was not familiar with.... WTF????

I was also told to try and minimize my interaction with the CIO
and VP and not to "engage" them unless they asked me a question.

This was a large calling card company in the MIA area.  With all
of that silliness i was more than happy to leave them to rot in
their Win32/FoxPro hell.

/KRM

On Thu, 25 Mar 2004 16:18:03 -0500
Dave McGuire <mcguire at neurotica.com> wrote:

> On Mar 25, 2004, at 3:53 PM, Kevin wrote:
> > Hell, i was once fired for pointing out too many internal
> > security holes to the IT Director.  The same guys that
> > decides to kill the messenger and quiet things down, as
> > opposed to fixing the holes, is the same guy who makes the
> > hiring decisions.
> >
> > Had that job for less than 30 days.
>
>    Seems to me you were better off without it.
>
>        -Dave
>
> --
> Dave McGuire          "PC users only know two 'solutions'...
> Cape Coral, FL          reboot and upgrade."    -Jonathan

"Make it idiot proof and someone will make a better idiot."
keyserver: http://pgp.mit.edu/