[rescue] U1 or U2

Steve Sandau ssandau at gwi.net
Thu Mar 25 10:45:58 CST 2004

>>>Are there 24bit graphics options for the U2, and they are just
>>>expensive/hard to get or are there actually none at all?
>>
>>Not at all, I have a pile of Creator 2Ds and 3Ds for a U2 here.
>>They're very very cheap and readily available.
>>

> I thought that the 2D/3D creators could only be used on U1E systems?

I believe I put a Creator card in my U2. Here's the output of prtdiag;
looks like a 3D card, but I don't really know what that is, so...

# prtdiag -v | less
System Configuration:  Sun Microsystems  sun4u Sun Ultra 2 UPA/SBus (2 X
UltraSPARC 200MHz)
System clock frequency: 100 MHz
Memory size: 512 Megabytes

<snip>