[rescue] U1 or U2

Kevin kevin at mpcf.com
Thu Mar 25 08:38:47 CST 2004

Will an Ultra 1 or an Ultra 2 run Solaris 9 "effectively" as a
workstation or would i need to bump up to a U30 or U60?

I'm concerned with basic tasks such as GUI (Sylpheed)
email, browsing (Mozilla) and OpenOfiice?

I've got an dual SM81 SS20.  It ran 2.6 just fine but Sol9
requires zen like patience (and understandably so.)  I'm looking
for a workstation that i can use at work to learn Solaris on and
i'd like to start with the most recent version.

Thanks for the input,
/KRM

--
"Make it idiot proof and someone will make a better idiot."
keyserver: http://pgp.mit.edu/