[rescue] Speaking of FrameMaker..

Kevin kevin at mpcf.com
Tue Mar 23 13:30:30 CST 2004

Adobe has turned into a PITA company.  Too big for their or
their customers own good.  Customer support sucks.

A bit over a year ago we were trying to setup an Acrobat/scanner
w/ autofeeder station here at work.  So we ordered a scanner (an
HP), a copy of Acrobat 6 and set it all up onto a TiBook.  After
dealing with Adobe support for a full day they stated that the
scanner we purchased would not work with Adobe Acrobat.  So i
sent it back, bought another (an Epson.)  It didn't work either.

No problem, i said, since this was to be the sole purpose for
this scanner, i can return it and get one that Adobe recommends.
That way we know it will work and our problems will be
solved.  When i asked which scanners did work, their response was
something to the effect that "We do not make any statements about
which ones will work, we only publish a list of ones that don't."
 I couldn't even get an unofficial recommendation of them.

Later that year, i ordered a copy of the CS Suite for OSX.  We
were on a time frame here so i made sure that the person at Adobe
taking the order new that we didn't want the Win32 versions (we
had version problems with them before.)  They ensured us that the
order would be correct and sent us the Win32 versions anyway.

This was the last straw for me, as i have had several
other service problems with them over the past two years.  Adobe
can suck sweaty camel balls before i waste any more money and
time on them again.

/KRM

On Tue, 23 Mar 2004 13:32:04 -0500
Dave McGuire <mcguire at neurotica.com> wrote:

> On Mar 23, 2004, at 1:11 PM, Bill Bradford wrote:
> > Q. How much of your FrameMaker base is currently using
> > Macintosh?
> >
> > A. It is our policy to not comment on the size of our user
> > base. However, sales of FrameMaker licenses have been greater
> > on the Windows and Solaris platforms for a number of years.
>
>    Heh.  In other words, "Microsoft bribed us, and we don't
>    want to get
> caught.  Move along."
>
>          -Dave
>
> --
> Dave McGuire          "PC users only know two 'solutions'...
> Cape Coral, FL          reboot and upgrade."    -Jonathan

"Make it idiot proof and someone will make a better idiot."
keyserver: http://pgp.mit.edu/