[rescue] power mac rescue

Steve Sandau ssandau at gwi.net
Mon Mar 22 12:50:33 CST 2004

Well, I just received another free Macintosh. I already have over a
dozen, with three or four being PowerPCs. The best of the lot is a 9100
with a 66MHz cpu in it. It runs my scanner nicely.

This one is a PowerMac 8500/180 with a USB card and an additional video
card. Included is an Apple Multiple Scan 17" monitor, a 100MB Zip drive,
  some type of external hard drive, a 56K modem and a few other odds and
ends. Only problem is a dead SCSI hard drive, so I have no OS on it.

I'm wondering what suggestions there are for free OSes, considering that
I think I'd like to try some simple video capturing with it. I've been
waiting for something that'll digitize video to drop into my lap, adn
this looks like it'll do that. There's video & audio in & out jacks.

What else should I look for in the box here that might be interesting?

Steve