[rescue] FrameMaker

Lionel Peterson lionel4287 at verizon.net
Sat Mar 20 22:33:40 CST 2004

On Sat, 2004-03-20 at 15:24, Joshua Boyd wrote:
> On Sat, Mar 20, 2004 at 03:32:02PM -0500, Lionel Peterson wrote:
> > Yay - another FrameMaker users out there? I just got FrameMaker 6 for
> > Unix off eBay, can't wait to install it...
>
> I'd like to learn it.  I know they use framemaker for windows here at work.

For me it was a worthwhile effort... Many large corp. engineering depts.
use it, as does (did?) O'Reilly & Assoc. for book layout.

Once I learned FrameMaker, it was trivial to learn word processing
software (MS Word, for example) - FrameMaker is really page layout
software...

What is neat is that each format can lead to another... Title leads to
by-line, which leads to Header, which leads to body. Everytime you press
enter, you automatically move to the next format/style. It may sound
odd, but the work just flows out, once you get used to it.