[rescue] IRIX: SpaceMouse, SpaceBall, Tablet & Co.

Jochen Kunz jkunz at unixag-kl.fh-kl.de
Fri Mar 19 10:24:29 CST 2004

On Thu, 18 Mar 2004 18:58:16 -0500
Joshua Boyd <jdboyd at jdboyd.net> wrote:

> > http://cgi.ebay.de/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=2793178099
> > (Link in the auction text to more information.)
> I'm at home now on dialup.  I may look at that tomorrow.  Based on the
> report of being 1993ish, I'd guess 2003.  Look for spaceball 2003 on
> ebay and compare the pictures.
[your other mail]
> OK, I looked, and that is definately a 2003, and it should definately
> be supported by Irix.
Perfect! Thanks for your help IDing this. It seems there are several IBM
6094-030 out there on ePay, so I will hunt one.

I did some googling and found that there is:
IBM 6094-030 == SB 2003, according to you
IBM 6094-031 == ???, maybe 3003?
IBM 6094-051 == SB 4000, according to some web page found by google.

> Yes, the calcomps are much cheaper, but considering the cost of used
> 4x5 Wacoms, and 6x8 wacoms, I wouldn't want to bother trying to figure
> out how in the world to make the calcomp work.  Maybe it is easier
> than I suspect though.
I'll se what I can get cheap, preferably a Wacom due to your advice.
Calcomps schould work as well as Wacom, at least input(7) says this. The
installation procedure is the same for Calcomp and Wacom. The only
difference is that there are some extra goodies available for Wacoms.

> OK.  I'm interested in hearing if you have Iris Explorer anyway.
To be honest: I don't know what Iris Explorer is.
[diging through IRIX CDs]
[Uuups. Adobe Illustrator 3.0?]
I have a Iris Explorer CD dated from 1991. This may be a bit old.
Maybe I can use this on the Indigo with IRIX 4.0.5...
--

tsch|_,
       Jochen