[rescue] Suggestions for vendor of external 5" FireWire case

William Enestvedt William.Enestvedt at jwu.edu
Fri Mar 19 10:20:58 CST 2004

Josh Boyd said of using my old G3 iMac to encode video for DVD:

> It might be slow at converting the data to the proper MPEG format, but
> it should certainly work, as long as you aren't trying to convert and
> burn on the fly (which most software discourages anyway, if I'm not
> mistaken).

   Well, I defer to your greater experience/knowledge. I only know that
Apple's iDVD fails to install on a G3-equipped Apple -- but then, they
have pretty high standards for us to live up to. :7)
   What software could I use to ready some movies & pictures under OS X
for burning to a DVD (and then burn it)?
   Thanks again.
-wde
P.S. These days, a computer with one 600 MHz CPU -- especially an Apple
-- seems to qualify as a rescue.
--
Will Enestvedt
UNIX System Administrator