[rescue] seaking of SGI's - IP25 woes

Geoff Koehler koehler at shaw.ca
Thu Mar 18 15:30:39 CST 2004

Hi Guys,

All good suggestions.  I dont have the machine in front of me right now, but it dies with something like "Cannot find slice 3 on IP25 in slot 9.  Removing CPU xx.  System halted"  and IRIX grinds to a halt, but restarts just fine.  I should mention that this is a fairly loaded machine (32xR10000) and generates a lot of heat.  Keeps my basement warm in the winter.  Replacing the IP25 board is the easiest, but also the most expensive option.  Funny how that works.  Ill get the exact messages, check the logs, etc, and repost.

Cheers, Geoff

Geoff Koehler
Saskatoon, SK, Canada
Home of the SART Observatory