HP 715, Nextstep, & CD-ROM drives.(Was [rescue] HP 715 ROMS?)

William Barnett-Lewis wlewis at mailbag.com
Thu Mar 18 15:31:51 CST 2004

Thank you for the additional information. Unfortunately, it appears that
I am still stuck.

I can boot the HPPA CD-ROM and it runs through to probing the SCSI bus
while loading the kernel. It sees my Seagate st32550n 2.1g (id 2) and
then it sees the Sony CDU-8003A (id0) (and lists out the disk label and
info about the cd - interestingly the device block is 2k...) and then
seems to hang for awhile. Eventually I get a "SCSI: request timeout -
bus = 0x1, tgt=0x0" which would indicate something is still flakey on
the CD-ROM side of things. I'm leaving it running but nothing in about a
half hour since that error message, so I'm not too hopeful.

Off to google some more.

William
--
Live like you will never die, love like you've never been hurt, dance
like no-one is watching.