[rescue] IRIX: SpaceMouse, SpaceBall, Tablet & Co.

Jochen Kunz jkunz at unixag-kl.fh-kl.de
Thu Mar 18 15:22:02 CST 2004

On Thu, 18 Mar 2004 14:48:24 -0500 (EST)
Kevin <kevin at mpcf.com> wrote:

> I would be interested in any info you get, as i've yet to get my
> SpaceBall working under IRIX.
What type of SpaceBall do you have?

To get the dialbox working I had to:
- read input(7)
- install eoe.sw.optinput (It's a subpackage on the Installation Tools
  or Foundation 1 CD, can't remember.)
- reboot (possibly, can't remember)
- install a serial device with SerialDeviceManager(1m). (Toolchest,
  System Manager, Hardware and Devices, Add a Serial Device)
- reboot (Sure about that this time. ;-) )
- ensure that the module according to input(7) is loaded
  (run "ml list")
- run confidence(1m) test. (/usr/sbin/confidence)
Should be the same for the SpaceBall.

> Sounds like a cool exhibit.
Well. There are other nice things like a PDP-8 and the famos
cary-cyber.org project.
--

tsch|_,
       Jochen