[rescue] New subscriber...

Joshua Boyd jdboyd at jdboyd.net
Sat Mar 13 12:51:55 CST 2004

On Sat, Mar 13, 2004 at 01:21:25PM -0500, Dave McGuire wrote:
> On Mar 13, 2004, at 12:26 PM, Joshua Boyd wrote:
> >>For real fun find an Ultra 1 or (better yet) an Ultra 2.
> >
> >I find my SS20 just as fun as my U1.
> >
> >It might not be quite as practical, but it is certainly equal in the
> >fun
> >department.
>
>   They're pretty darn practical.  I've still got one running in
> production here, and it's generating a healthy amount of cash.

Yes, but they aren't as practical to spend money on as a new machine
would be (with the exception of disks).  If your going to spend money on
one great!  Just do it knowing that you are doing it for fun or
nostalgia, not because it is the best way to spend money on machine
(unless you happen to have really annoying rules about certified
hardware and a company that refuses to or can't recertify an application
for something newer).